PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First solo and messed it up..
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2011, 15:36
bigglesbutler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what you're saying is you found yourself in an uncomfortable situation, so you returned and made a safe landing.
Looks very much to me like sound decision making and fine airmanship. Dare I say a rare attribute among many aviators these days

I would suggest you have the important bits well in hand.

Don't worry about the nerves. I'm sure they'll go in time. Just enjoy the flying knowing that you're making progress.
Seconded, you took an airworthy aircraft airborne, realised something was wrong and returned it in an airwothy state to the ground. Thats what we do whether it's an EC225 going offshore to the rigs, an S61 into the mountains to save a person (SAR) or a smaller training aircraft when you are learning to fly. All of my experience that has scared me sh!tless at various times.

Nerves, inhibitions and a lack of self belief is VERY hard to get over, but get over it you will with persistence. At the end of the day if this is flying for fun then the only benchmark is in yourself so stick with it and only practice gets rid of the "WHOA SH£T what was that" factor, whether that is nerves or the damned oil pressure dropping on number one engine.

Good luck and fly safe.

Si

P.S. I'm not getting into the correct forum argument, but I don't see the problem with the question being here.