PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2011, 11:09
Tekor Bali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am in your same situation, over 30 and politely refused by Mr. Chris Woollard Co-ordinator - Graduate Skills and Support of Oxford Aviation Academy, without a plausible explanation, as I had the same requirements of my two colleagues called for the selection last month.
People who apply to Ryanair for self sponsored type rating are all Frozen ATPL with approximately 200 flight hours, so, I really want to know what criteria they use to select the pilots already through the application form, Age, Nationality, Icao level...?
Don't tell me flight hours, please, we all know that is not true!!!

Thank you for your recent application for a position on the Ryanair Boeing 737-800 type-rating programme with Oxford Aviation Academy.

We regret to inform you that your application will not proceed to the next stage in the selection process for the Boeing 737-800 type-rating programme. Due to the large number of applications received on a weekly basis, unfortunately it is not possible to provide feedback regarding your application.

For other programmes conducted by OAA please see our website at www.oaa.com.

On behalf of the airline, we would like to thank you for your interest in this programme and wish you every success in the future.

Many thanks

Chris.

Coming back to talk about the topic CTC ATP.
I'm still waiting to book an assessment, there are no news about people that have been calls recently to start a type rating, there is nobody here who has written that he was contacted by the holding pool. Everything seems in place by a couple of years, you will correct me if I wrong..
There will always be cadets that CTC will place in its companies, especially in Easyjet, they write it clear in the mail that you receive when you are invited to book an assessment day for the selections for the AQC.
I pray someone who has attended an assessment day or which has recently participated in the course AQC to release any comment or report some latest news. 8000 pounds not pennies... to wait for two years minimum! I do not know, too many questions ..
Anyone who knows if you can apply for the CTC program FlexiCrew without having a type rating and a few hours of experience?
We are the usual issues, no company is taking no experience pilots ..

Cheers