PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - University Degrees - Best for aviation? Need? (Merged 2011)
Old 5th Jul 2011, 09:41
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
I must admit I read MJ's post as talking about "management with flying" degrees at rebranded community colleges, where I agree with him.

An RAeS accredited "Aeronautical/Aviation/Aerospace Engineering with pilot studies" is a different beast altogether - it will normally only go to PPL level in the flying, but as a fully "grown-up" engineering degree that carries much weight in industry. Also flying training will mostly not be regarded as a career break if you are being interviewed for an aero-eng job later on.

Deliverers of those courses include Liverpool, Sheffield, Brunel, Salford - and I'm sure a few I've missed. None of these offer foundation degrees in hairdressing!

They will be a lot tougher to get onto as well mind you. Think ABB++ at A-level, including maths and physics, and not including general studies, critical thinking or ladies basket weaving. And a selection interview where they generally don't take prisoners.

G