PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jade Cargo
Thread: Jade Cargo
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2011, 08:24
skyryder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally try to stay away from rumors, etc. As for the motivational issue, well I guess everyone has their reasons, mine is to try and give some people who may be interested some insight into the place. Maybe others will respond as to their reasons.
Frankly, anyone who makes a life changing decision based upon what someone posts on an anonymous internet forum isn't the best and brightest anyway. That said, there is some information here that you won't get in a screening, or that maybe will allow someone to ask informed questions before they commit to joining a company.
About the PICC's making landings, all the pilots make landings. Everyone is required to maintain currency, the PICC's fly from the right seat.
The salaries quoted are BEFORE taxes, when they say the the company pays the tax it is a true statement, literally. The company withholds the money from your check and pays the tax for you, the Chinese tax rates vary depending on how much you make. I would say the average is somewhere between 25-35% of "taxable salary". Housing allowance, medical insurance, per diem, etc are excluded. Currently, the guarantee is 80 hrs, although this is something that could change at any moment, as the contract does specify a 65 hr guarantee.
According to the central gov't, Shenzhen is now the most expensive place to live in the PRC. They recently raised the minimum wage in the region to compensate.
About the screening, I am not sure it is something you can prepare for, except to be ready to take the CAAC ATPL exam. If you try to "scam" the psyche exam, I would be shocked if you make it to the second phase. The sim profile is pretty standard and they are just looking to make sure your "experience" matches your performance level. The medical is to put it lightly is a "life experience" to say the least.
At the end of the day, you need to realize that you are a foreigner, working in a foreign country that probably has many different cultural aspects than what you are accustomed. You will not change the way they do business, you need to adapt or not come in the first place. That doesn't mean that it is impossible to make some constructive changes, just that change moves at the speed of cold molasses.