PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jepp View and a Tablet Computer
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2011, 21:28
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Danger

Finding things really fast and getting a track and distance when pulling out several WACs pencil and ruler is not a great option, and this maybe in the plane or sitting around the dinner table discussing with others the next days flying and where to go and what to see.

What this silly thin is not good at is making a post on pprune thatis bigger than the text window as I can't seem to scroll up and down inside this box

Overall GPS performance has been good, I have not had it connected to a 3G connection in flight, I have not installed a sim card as I can hotspot it to my phone when I need the connection and so far no serious gps issues. The bug in ozrunways is the refreshing the screen will some times be needed to relocate your blue aircraft position symbol, but there is a locate button so that works fine. I did have one anomaly yesterday that I could not resolve easily so I just shut it down and opened it up again, took a couple of seconds......of course the gns530 was the reference and not the other way around.

So far it gets the big tick from me it's a brilliant SA tool, and can be a great workload lightened if used wisely. It is not a nav system, although for vfr only it damn near is all you need(legal requirements excluded).

Back to holidays.....