PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air
Thread: Wizz Air
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2011, 21:06
Daniel777

I agree 100% with FLEXPWR and disagree with Daniel777 whom I guess is Hungarian. He still thinks a Hungarian airline operating multiple bases OUTSIDE Hungary must employ, or has the obligation to employ, a certain amount of Hungarians. "In my opinion an airline should take responsibility for giving work to the pilots of its country in the first step."

Rubbish and nonsense! How many times have I heard "look at the flag on the tail" from Hungarian pilots who seem to forget that they are not in Hungary and Wizz is not Malev. Easyjet and Ryanair hire different nationalities but only in Wizz Air do Eastern Europeans still believe that they should have a priority over Western Europeans. Again nonsense. If BA doesn't hire Eastern Europeans is maybe because the majority (not all of them) have no idea how to speak/write in English.
No problem, you are free to write down your point of view.
I was mainly aiming at foreing pilots flying from the Budapest base.

I don't think it is about the language. An exeptional high standard of English is not needed to fly an Airbus from A to B, I think.

Obviously you are working for Wizzair because in the current climate you didn't find a better job offer to fly for your national carrier or some other major airline. I'm sure as the economy picks up, many of the experienced flight deck crew will leave...at least that's what the situation looks like at the moment. Already many are trying to step out.