PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread no. 4
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2011, 20:47
RR_NDB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the required data is available with current FDR´s?

Hi,
DW,
Yet you're still advocating more technical solutions to implement in the design - surely if you were *that* concerned about complexity this would not be the case? The logic implemented in these aircraft (and those FBW airliners from other manufacturers) is actually pretty basic in modern computing terms. Asi I've said many times before it also uses obsolete technology (and always has) because the characteristics of obsolete hardware were already well-understood.
The use of the "obsolete" building blocks is not a reason to allow a simpler analysis, as you know. My concern is if we really have a "sufficient recording" to understand EVERYTHING that (possibly) happened during certain moments. Suppose during a glitch (a time dependent failure, not stable). Like the one Svarin discussed or other possible reasons that could affect the "output" of the "engineering black box". The always concerning, Testability issue.

I am thinking on that and preparing to answer PJ2 and to CJ post.

I hope i am wrong with this suspicion. If wrong will be better. My objective is to raise only important and relevant issues.

I am busy during this week but "in parallel" watching the thread, posting when possible after considering useful.

Last edited by RR_NDB; 5th Jul 2011 at 09:48. Reason: Text impvmt