PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2011, 17:15
Vulcan Rigger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just back from a cracking four days at Waddington.

Fantastic to meet so many people who were happy to see us (unlike my last visit)

Two good displays with my first time solo as the chief You can not believe how hot it is up on the flight deck when strapping in/out. Many thanks to Taff for trusting me with his jet.

A couple of snags which we found on the A/F were sorted out with spares from the fly away pack.

Most of the crew had gone home by Sunday evening so I went to the wind down party with a couple of the team turning up a bit later, lost count of the number of people who thought we were the stars of the show (lucky there are big doors on the tent.) Many thanks for all your kind wishes.

It was great to see Sally B flying (first time I have ever seen her in the air) and the Bronco was great on the Saturday. Really good display from BBMF (what I saw of it as I was a bit busy at the time) The Hunters are terrific and have the blue note off to a tee.

Thanks very much to everyone who made the show run so well and to all the people who worked so hard in the Vulcan Village as well as the club stand. Finally thanks to all the people who bought stuff (we needed to do a resupply run on Saturday evening) and donated to the cause.