PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Airport Viewing Park
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2011, 15:23
flyingguy1984

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I visited the MAN AVP for the for the first time in about 5 years, as a mate of mine was down there late on a Sunday evening a couple of weeks ago. Anyhow, we were the last two to leave at 8pm I think, and unfortunately I'd forgotten to bring some cash. I assumed that like most places they'd take card, or at least have a cash machine. Failing that, my friend would bail me out. Anyway, it cost him £12 to get out and when I drove up the barrier, the "friendly" man told me it was £6 (I was there for an hour and 12 minutes), and it got quite nasty. My friend came over and we were being as polite as possible, explained we didn't have enough cash, to which I was told, the cash machine is locked up and we don't take card! So I said to the man, what do you want me to do? We ended up in a heated debate, well I should say, he explained the trouble he would get into for waivering the £6 charge, so apparently I've been reported to the police! He took my registration and my details lol. It wasn't as if I didn't want to pay, or tried to cheat the barrier, I even offered the £3 we could muster up as a good will gesture. He was having none of it! I fully understand I was in the wrong for not having change, but the whole affair took around 20 minutes for him to press the 'raise barrier' button on his computer. Left a very sour taste in my mouth! Next time I go, I'll park at the pub next door and walk in. That's if I've not been sent to prison in the meantime.