PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Weststar 139 tail incident 30th June 2011?
Old 4th Jul 2011, 14:39
Epiphany

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heliski,

I am not the least bit surprised. If I were the only one that had a bad experience with these 'instructors' then I would have thought that possibly it was just me so forget it. But I have heard the same story from so many different pilots - many of them very experienced TRE's who were horrified at the low standard of instruction they were given.

Capitano Gervaxiarsey and his ilk must take their share of the blame for the appallingly low standard of many AW139 pilots that I frequently have to fly with in various parts of the world. Many of them have absolutely no idea how to check basic pre-flight planning requirements such as performance and weight and balance.

This results in a situation where low-time AW139 pilots are attempting to perform training CAT A helipad OEI rejects at 800kg over max training weight, well out of aft C of G and find themselves running out of Nr and ideas, collapsing the landing gear, losing the tail rotor and somehow walking away from the $18,000,000 write-off.

And do you know what these pilots say when questioned why they did that? 'No one taught us how to read the graphs'. The 'instructors' who should have taught them were probably too busy fixing their cravats or talking to the mistress/making excuses to the wife.