PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good for you C.A.S.A
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2011, 13:23
Major Cleve Saville

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this the same CASA that in 2009 was found not to meet western world standards by ICAO.

ICAO audit reveals Australia’s third world skies | Crikey

Sounds like you have a good old fashioned quality checked and not a quality assured system down in Oz.

The pot calling the kettle black?

Not sure what sort of quality system stops a particular crew on any day descending below MSA when inappropriate though. Both pilots agreed it/allowed it. seems fairly basic PPL/IR stuff to me, don't really see what these incidents have to do with an individual airline or its nation of ownership. Maybe the airline could blame the Safety Regulator who issued the crew their instrument ratings?

CASA gave Tiger it's Australian AOC so it must have been up to Australian standards ar some point surely? Is the report out? Do we know the facts. I descend below MSA everyday I fly, shock horror!!! Done it at night too - lots, and even a visual contact approach at night!!!! Night circuits below MSA even!!! I always avoid the school and the hospital though.

I hope CASA have got it right, could be expensive for the tax-payers down under if not.

Cleve