PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas post August 24
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2011, 12:47
forgetabowdit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prior to August 24th, a question to Qantas LH Pilots.

I certainly do hope that your speech is indeed what Alan Joyce is preparing to deliver Oldmate, but I think on top of many other things, I feel that there is a lack of vision from management. I do not believe that the management at Qantas believe that strong outcomes are in fact possible with SUCH a dramatic change of business practice and direction...

Mind you, a change of vision is as easy as a change of leader. I worked under Godfrey, and I now work under Mr Borghetti. The company is indeed heading in a very different direction, and that has come about in a very short amount of time. Regardless of ones views of the merit of each strategy, it can not be argued that a complete turnaround is indeed possible, given you have the right person for the job.

In the interest of understanding the expectations of Qantas Pilots', may I ask what efficiencies, or work rule concessions are seen as being adequate to meeting the expectations of the Executive Management Team..?

Is the consensus that a salary reduction is also inevitable?

What lengths are the pilots willing to go to to maintain all or even reduced conditions, and what is the expected outcome to industrial action?

Do you believe that the Long Haul EBA is a true reflection of the real-world market value of pilots either here or abroad, and does that real-world value of pilots in other companies really matter to the negotiations between you and your employer?

I ask with the utmost respect, camaraderie, and genuine interest.

Kind Regards

Forgetabowdit

Last edited by forgetabowdit; 4th Jul 2011 at 12:49. Reason: Added title