PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread no. 4
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2011, 03:47
PJ2

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry RR_NDB but I'm not understanding what your saying.
The current "recording" doesn´t take into account certain important "internal mechanisms" probably important for a better (impartial) analysis from the investigation branches. I don´t like the idea to be dependent on the plane manufacturer for some more complex details during the investigation analysis. The complexity of the "advanced planes" it seems correlated to "Moore´s law"
What do you mean by "internal mechanisms"? I've never heard of the term in accident investigation or flight data analysis work.

Also, what makes you say that an investigation is, "dependent upon the plane manufacturer for some complex details during the investigation analysis." What does that mean? What are you trying to say? What, specifically, are these "complex details" to which you refer? What do you mean by "advanced planes"?

You claim a connection with "Moores Law", but you don't explain the connection and just leave your readers guessing. I looked it up using your link. There's no connection to AF 447 or flight data work whatsoever.

If you're advancing some kind of notion that this is all a conspiracy on the part of manufacturers to suppress or even hide information from the investigators then I don't think you know very much about aviation, flight safety work, accident investigation or flight data analysis and the way it all works together.

So....is it your thesis that, "manufacturer's making it difficult for investigators by controlling all the parameters on the FDR so we only get to see what they want us to see"?

Last edited by PJ2; 4th Jul 2011 at 04:18.