PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You must be rich to become a pilot?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2011, 22:35
James Darlington

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am also in a similar situation and really need some "been there done it" advice....im 26 and have a fairly good management job earning ok money. I have always aspired to be a pilot but for a long time decided it was simply unachievable. Either way every passing day living near a busy airport watching planes up and down all day just became too much so Ive decided I have to do something about it. Ive never been one to spend lavishly on clothes gadgets drinking etc so have managed to get a fair bit of savings behind me. I fortunately still live at home and have just over £10000 saved up and am just after selling my car (my pride and joy) to get this figure and am now on foot walking to work still saving every penny I can, problem is I dont know what route I should take...I see some people suggest continuing working and learning course by course (but I fear I simply dont have the time left to do it this way) and some say stop working take the year out and study which Im quite prepared to do but in terms of funding I know the amount I have saved is a drop in the water. What would someone whos done it say should be my next move...? My bank is constantly offering me loans which I dont need is there a organisation that could fund the entire course and I pay back after I start earning again or what....help confused