PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pros and cons of being a pilot??
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2011, 22:27
captainsuperstorm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the problem is in a "normal" job you can expect 2-3 offers a year, and get a job within 6 months.

in aviation, you can expect one interview every 2 years, and not be succesfull. How many guys are here after 2 years, 3 years, and have not flown 1 hour? thousand.

I know many guys now who are still jobless after 2 years(guys with over 3000h), and the situation doesn't seem to go better. After 40, you are out, after 50, you are finished! at 30, they don't want you , no experience on jet...now even a capt on 330, can not find a job on the 320 if he doesn't have 500-1000h on type. it's patetic!

watch at my other post, if I sound negative to you, it' s because I know how it is. been there for 30 years, and now I am totally sick of it. It's all about politic, money, and BS.

no, not worth it!!! 30 years ago, probably yes, 20 years ago ok, 10 years ago you needed luck, now you need money to pay your boss! forget about salary, nobody will pay you as long idiots pay to fly! and everyday I receive CVs from these monkeys!

go for it, if you have the cash, and finish miserable like the tousand of dreamers who are still looking for their first job!

The situation may improve when the big airlines will start to hire(BA/KLM,airlines in the USA...). If I was you, I would not gamble my money as long the doors are closed.