PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC History
Thread: ATC History
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2011, 19:48
India 99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Back to History

But before we do mine is 2494

Very shortly . . . STS-135 Atlantis with 4 POB will be taking off for the very last time !!

. . and no doubt we all wish them a safe mission.

For some reason I cannot post attachments so unfortunately cannot post my Photograph which was taken from the LL balcony on the 05th June 1983 looking North towards Block 15 with the 10L low Go-Around (ONCE and ONLY) of the Shuttle Enterprise atop the highly converted 747 . . Brill (flyby not photo)

However, for anyone interested, I have found another which was probably taken from the QB - T2 viewing area by Howard Pain. Howard has kindly agreed to its use on this site for this purpose.

It captures both the epic event and for some of us where we spent possibly the best years of our working lives . . . ie . . . EGLL VCR and Approach Control Room, including the Balcony, from which many a "Window Job" was called

Thanks to Howard for the photograph and all who served at LL over the years.

The photo can be found here . . with thanks to Airliners.net

Photos: Boeing 747-123(SCA) Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net

If I can figure out why my permissions do not include attachments I will attach mine - any help would be much appreciated.

(The above flight was scheduled to do a lowish transit via Central London but due to bad weather few were able to see it. The duo landed as planned at EGSS and spent some time on the ground being viewed up close of which there are many photos around)

Regards to all