PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320- Loss of AP,FD, A/THR
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2011, 09:59
Microburst2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If there is no radar, then you can fly the holding, of course.

But don't forget that Aviate, Navigate, Communicate, Fight means

both piltos Aviate (one handling, the other monitoring that handling and assisting)
both pilots Navigate (one handling, the other monitoring that handling and assisting)
both pilots Communicate (one speaking, the other listening what is being said)
both pilots Fight the emergency (one reading ECAM or QRH and pushing buttons, the other listening and monitoring what is being read and pushed)

If one flyes while the other is carrying out procedures the crew is split in two. This can be necessary sometimes, but if you can avoid it, it is better to remain a single team.

So if you just have to worry about keeping within 25 miles, all the better, you can stay together and aviate, navigate, communicate and fight more effectively.

Alternate law handling qualities can vary a lot from one set of failures to another. Without elevators I am sure you can have difficulties for altitude control. With dual hydraulic you can fly very nicely.

I love flying in direct law, but I didn't in the beggining, the reason being lack of proper training. The fact that you have to trim doesn't mean that you will feel any forces in the stick, so you have to get used to very smooth stick deflections, and that's all. Looks like flying with the microsoft FS...