PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA crew have voted to accept deal
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2011, 07:45
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

VK. This was sent to all cabin crew two days ago! It was a message to cabin crew and that is probably why many of you are unaware of it!

Message from Bill Francis - Restoration of staff travel

Dear colleague

I am pleased to be able to write to you today to confirm that arrangements are being made to restore travel concessions to all cabin crew.

During the negotiations, Keith Williams promised to recommend to the BA Board that travel concessions be returned once a settlement had been accepted and certain conditions had been met. Unite have now met all of those requirements.

As you know, the recent ballot of cabin crew ratified the settlement document. There has also been lots of work going on behind the scenes to meet the other criteria. These include implementation of a single cabin crew union branch, a new facilities structure and improvements to our working relationship.

As a result, the BA Board has this afternoon confirmed its approval.

I have therefore asked the staff travel team to work as quickly as possible to make this happen for all eligible cabin crew, so please bear with us. This manual update to our online systems covers all non-contractual and discretionary status related travel including free ticket eligibility and recognition of service for all tickets including standby tickets.

I know this has been an important issue for many of you and so I am really pleased we can now draw a line under it and move forward with a genuine commitment to work together.

Thank you.

I hope that is factual enough!