PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread no. 4
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2011, 23:20
infrequentflyer789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bubbers44
So the PF with less than a year experience in the Airbus used full nose up SS with this knowledge???? Did he forget? Why did both pilots use full up pitch control if they knew they had no stall protection? All us conventional airline pilots know exactly what would happen. Exactly what their profile did putting them in a deep stall.
I also know exactly what would happen, merely from the perspective of knowing a bit about how stuff that flys (and control systems) is designed and built. I have no answer as to "why" though.

The initial report left all the important stuff out like if they pulled up and with frozen pitot tubes and static pressure dropping did they get an erroneous overspeed warning.
reports are clear that the speeds failed low, not high.

They must have a reason to keep this quiet but eventually they will have to tell us what really happened up there.
I'm curious - from a pilot's perspective, what do you (or any o fthe other real pilots on here) think "really happened" in the colgan crash, where the report says PF pulled hard back through stick shaker and stick pusher ?