PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA,BACX,BALPA-Conflict of interest?
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2002, 10:41
Suggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lads one of the best and most informed threads I've read for ages.

Atropos - What a load of ***** - "You should be nicked for that"

On a serious note we must remember that Pilots have an agenda, Management have an agenda and that BALPA have an agenda. They are all completely different and equally mad.

1. In my opinion people should be actively recruited from BACX to BA, this would be a huge bit of good will and ensure that people wanted to join BACX in the first place. "The master list is an even bigger issue than pay" so I'm going to leave it at that.

2. BACX are moving in to previously held BA routes simply because we were to costly to operate them. If they can make a profit with 'smaller A/c good luck to them. BA I believe have made a consesssion that a few pilots can be seconded to the regions to work. A bit of a slap in the face to BACX pilots but I would imagine that the number would be reatively small and that it is an intellegent move to keep ex BRAL pilots happy

3. CFE what a nightmare situation if anyone knows how to sort this mess out answers on a post card.

But the real issue here I believe is the inflexibility that scope will bring, just look at the mess that US Airways have got themselves into with their two unions. The Rj is a nightmare and if you want to fly it then you are welcome to it. What concerns me is that if like at Gatwick the numbers wanting to fly, thanks finally to our cheap flights and internet bookings, creates a situation where we need to operate larger A/c in the regions because there is not enough capacity in the SE, then we are back to square one.

This one is going to run and run.