PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2011, 11:29
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlackPrince77, the problem isn't cadets. Qantas has a significant number of them and they do a fine job indeed.

The problem is the LCC reasons for cadets.

The fact that BB/AJ and people like yourself assume people from ga automatically have lower standards or training is rather offensive and somewhat unintelligent. Some of the First Officers and Captains in my airline are ex Airforce Check and Training, Qantas cadets, Ansett cadets, British Aerospace cadets. Some of these pilots also went into ga to broaden their experience base. They consider themselves to be ex ga pilots. There are numerous other airline cadets that have been through ga as well. Some of the J* cadets might just find out how this works shortly. Maybe then we'll find out how much they want to be airline pilots.

Buchanan mouthing off about the ga pilot being an inferior product I take as a personal insult. Many of the Jetstar pilots I know are highly intelligent, skilled and dedicated individuals. Personally I'd love to compare grade point averages with BB just as a starting point.

He's just another cost cutter. Anyone can cut costs. He has disengaged a significant portion of his workforce. Not much of a CEO is he?