PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA,BACX,BALPA-Conflict of interest?
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2002, 10:05
Nigel Nearly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Atropos, many thanks for that, a very sensible and unifying post.

I apologise unreservedly if I have offended the wider community with my last post - but on re-reading it, I still find nothing factually inaccurate, either about events, or HS and airrage's comments thereon.

I have heard via several sources of the awful state of the touring rosters at LGW, and the pressure being applied. My sincere sympathy. Believe me, most of us in BACX DO actually think it is on balance probably a good thing to be part of Big Airways. The trouble is the unbelievable amount of mismanagement, and sheer bad management against all advice that the BA placemen have managed to put in place. OK , thats a done deal, nothing we can do about that. Also though, and actually just as harmful, is the propaganda that Solo and airrage have been trying to sell on this and other threads. I agree that self interest always prioritises things during a merger, but those two frankly insult the intelligence by their claims of the now deceased scope clause being good for us. Enough!!

Bigpants - good post - what's all this about Eastern?

Let's move forward, and when we debate our differences, be aware that they should be our joint differences with the management, not with each other. I have several very good friends with BA, one even on the BACC - which is how I know they're mostly good guys. However, it should be admitted a mistake was made at square one, when negotiations should have centred on another CFE type deal. Again, that is the past.