PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2011, 08:40
TwinAisle
Scourge of Bad Airline Management!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just been reading your blog, benjiman1994. A couple of things leap out.

Whilst I admire your enthusiasm, it won't win you friends making comments like

AirWales [that] ceased all operations in 2006, primarily due to a lack of management experience.
That was most certainly not Air Wales' problem, and the people who were running it may well take the hump at being told about their lack of experience by a 17 year old...

I can tell you that it is the Customer Service that makes customers return, not necessarily your prices.
I would go and read Ryanair's results if I were you....

CWL is home to the largest maintenance hangar in the World
No it isn't.

Very good luck with starting an airline. As a free bit of consulting, work on the assumption that you'll need a minimum of £35m to do it from Cardiff. Happy to explain where that figure comes from, but put it this way, I do this sort of stuff for a living....

we are going to need to do this for the airlines
A noble aim, and one that provides the path to making CWL work. But I would suggest that urging others to do this is the way ahead, unless you have a lot of money and a background in market research techniques, quantitative analysis and a lot of time on your hands!

xtypeman makes a good observation - why on earth do you need more check in desks given the pax numbers? The ones there are just fine. Refurbishing them just adds to the airport's woes and cost base...

TA

Last edited by TwinAisle; 2nd Jul 2011 at 10:20.