PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lee On Solent Fly-in
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2011, 07:21
Mike Cross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power circuits are to the northwest, glider circuits to the south-east, i.e. 23 RH and 05 LH. If you have houses under you you're in the wrong place, downwind leg is over open country. Circuit Height is 1000 ft a/d is 32ft amsl.

118.925 c/s Lee Radio is operated by Britten-Norman who now operate the field. They will co-ordinate movements with the Gliding Club ("Glider Base")

By local agreement there is no requirement to speak to Fleetlands providing you are arriving/departing LoS and remain west of the disused railway line that runs down the Gosport peninsula.

Follow a/g instructions re parking, we will have marshallers on hand.

AVGAS will be available and is low-cost compared with other fields, no cards but cheques or cash are fine. AVTUR can be made available from Atlas Helicopters by prior arrangement.

Please don't bust Solent zone or the Fleetlands Zone east of the disused railway line.

I'll be mowing the grass for you this weekend. If you're interested in basing an aircraft at Lee ask for me or Jon Butts and we'll let you know what's available.

If you have an interesting aircraft you'd like to display we can park you at Hangar B rather than in the main parking area, drop me a PM if interested. We'll be trying to minimise movements in this area as there will be public access.

Gliding is likely to be taking place, they will be operating from grass to the south of the runway. We'll have a grass runway to the north of the hard available for powered a/c.

Your cut-out-and-keep guide to flying in can be downloaded from this page.