PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways...Do Not Believe The Hype
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2002, 09:03
MTQatar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the mistake in the name of Fathi/Fakhri as I always mix these names up since we have a Fathi working for us, and second of all I don't work for QR or AAB and have never worked with QR in the past neither under AAB or HAT.

Have you flown a A320 or an A300 to KTM? Have you been in the cockpit on approach to KTM? I don't think so...
No I haven't as I am not a pilot and never will pursue that proffesion.

What I am trying to do is provide the people here in PPRuNe with a balanced view of QR. Some people like you take one side of the story and I take another. Also with constant rantings on low morale I am in contact with employees working as Pilots as well as those in QR Tower and from what they say it is the opposite. I guess everything is in the eye of the beholder. If you yourself suffer from low morale then you will probably have perception that others within the company are suffering from low morale too.

Last point, you say that you work for QR. If you are that dissatisfied with company why don't you do yourself a favour, pack your bags and leave the company.

People of Qatar deserve a better managed airline and a management to be proud of, after all QR is the national carrier.
Are you Qatari? I as a Qatari am very proud of my airline and am very proud of the achievements of the management

Lastly, on the subject of safety in operating flights to KTM. If it is that big of a problem why haven't any regulatory authorities stepped in? I think CC gave a great example in the old Kai Tak airport which had a lot of aircraft movements but had a very challenging approach. You even had B747-400's and fully laden B747F take of and land there.