PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - confused
Thread: confused
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2001, 12:42
knighty

Question confused

I'm 28 years old and have always dreamt of becoming a pilot. I have $35,000 saved, a five year working/residency visa for Oz, and a very supporting partner. I have also spent the last few years with my head in every avaition mag/book that goes and it's all going in....steadily. All set really!! My plans are to take my CPL with multi engine/instrument rating whilst living in Sydney and either instruct or find that first job with a small airline. Not as easy as it sounds, I know, and will mean moving around unless I get really lucky, but I have grit like the rest of you and WILL make it!! I have found my school of choice and done my homework. There is one very important rock that I have not fully uncovered and that is the question of conversion to JAR !. I may return to the UK o, one day, and would obviously want to continue my aviation career. I have read about taking all my exams again, some say it can be done, others say not. If there is anyone out there with any experience of my dilema then please let me know.
Help me OB1...your my only hope.

------------------

[This message has been edited by knighty (edited 14 June 2001).]