PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways...Do Not Believe The Hype
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2002, 08:42
flatcherokee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reality check for MT

MT,

I read with interest your last few postings.

First, it was not me who said operating to KTM more than 7 times a week is dangerous but it was our own flt ops dept.

Secondly, your are correct about past commercial GMs planning to operate more than 7 flts. But I was told by someone who atteneded a particular meeting in commerical, how the current GM commercial disregarded the safety concerns of GM flt ops.

Thirdly, GM commercial is mohammed saleh fakhri and not fathi as you have mentioned.

I work for Qr and feel that we must continue to challenge and discuss such issues for the better of QR and the people of Qatar as a whole. Sadly QR has become the subject of jokes in the industry as a result of high staff turnover, poor management structure and very very low morale and staff loyalty.

I was at Qr towers yesterday and was not surpised not hear that another manager in commercial resigned as a result of the new GM. The morale within the whole airline is doing, moreso in commercial, cabin crew and flt ops.

I think u work for AAB, hence all the defensive emails. But please try to be more realistic and also listen to the people who has to fly to KTM (like us) and do a very stressful and demanding approach safely.

Have you flown a A320 or an A300 to KTM? Have you been in the cockpit on approach to KTM? I don't think so...

People of Qatar deserve a better managed airline and a management to be proud of, after all QR is the national carrier.

cheers

Last edited by PPRuNe Towers; 10th Oct 2002 at 23:22.