PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CargoJet
Thread: CargoJet
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2011, 23:22
lilflyboy262

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not really interested in the airlines. I've been a bush pilot in Africa for the past few years, now looking for a change in scenery and change in job description.
By the time I get there I will have around 2000hrs, a few hundred twin and around 600 turboprop.

I've got two reason why I want to try this company out, the first being a friend whos working in ground handling there. Everything I have heard from her seemed like it was a quite a good company to work for.
The second being that I'm still young and looking at giving myself a broad and varied CV for both my own personal satisfaction, and for future career prospects.
How much longer will you get the chance to fly aircraft like the 727 and the 757? In another 10 years they will be relegated to flying in my current part of the world.

@ Flaps 1 billion,
Where is the majority of the pilot attrition taking place? Is it the S/Os that are getting depressed with sitting in the back doing nothing? Or is it spread through the ranks with Captains and F/O's throwing in the towel as well? That is the biggest clue as to what its like to work with them.