PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to ruin sport aviation. Fox in the chicken run.
Old 1st Jul 2011, 22:37
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of Libation and Long bows.

In an attempt to maintain peaceful Anglo –American relations during a pre emptive 4th July libation session, some research was later conducted. So much for the libations.

The words written in 1215 and 1776 jump off the page, does history repeat, you bet.

But, if you read past the words and see the spirit and intent, you can clearly see why wars have been fought. These fellah's just got sick of the corruption, the bull****, the taxes, the incompetence and actually did something about it.

Now, I admit it's drawing a long bow (but not too much of stretch) to parallel the current situation in Australian Aviation to these heady thoughts, but it's there.

My Mamma could run Q better than the current bloke; and I'd bet a stack that between Sydney and Perth, there is enough 'real' expert knowledge to make the Fort Fumbles crew look like exactly what they are. Perhaps, just perhaps it's time.

Magna Carta 1215.
39. No freemen shall be taken or imprisoned or disseised or exiled or in any way destroyed, nor will we go upon him nor send upon him, except by the lawful judgment of his peers or by the law of the land.

40. To no one will we sell, to no one will we refuse or delay, right or justice.

The unanimous Declaration etc. 1776.
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security".

"The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world".

Just a Saturday thought.

Go Casaweary.