PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air
Thread: Wizz Air
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2011, 19:11
John McNamee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just registered to add a few thoughts to this thread.

I agree 100% with FLEXPWR and disagree with Daniel777 whom I guess is Hungarian. He still thinks a Hungarian airline operating multiple bases OUTSIDE Hungary must employ, or has the obligation to employ, a certain amount of Hungarians. "In my opinion an airline should take responsibility for giving work to the pilots of its country in the first step."

Rubbish and nonsense! How many times have I heard "look at the flag on the tail" from Hungarian pilots who seem to forget that they are not in Hungary and Wizz is not Malev. Easyjet and Ryanair hire different nationalities but only in Wizz Air do Eastern Europeans still believe that they should have a priority over Western Europeans. Again nonsense. If BA doesn't hire Eastern Europeans is maybe because the majority (not all of them) have no idea how to speak/write in English.

Even if I don't enjoy it, I understand why Wizz wishes to have local pilots and not commuters. It just makes sense. Most Eastern Europeans are glad to accept 4000 euros as a captain based at home. In the end, if you are from Bucharest based in BBU and speak the language, I believe that Wizz Air is not a bad airline and hopefully they do not reduce the standards any lower then they already did for safety reasons but the day will come when Wizz management will also realize that they can also take advantage of local pilots.

As was said before come to Wizz Air get your hours as F/O or even better get your upgrade, do 1,000 hours and leave. That is what Wizz is for.