PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ALICANTE
Thread: ALICANTE
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2011, 13:50
Evanelpus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK, back from our Holstein and here is my take on Alicante.

On arrival, everything was fine. Straight off the aircraft, through passport control (there wasn't any, not one of the booths were manned) and off to collect suitcases. Very clean baggage area and efficient delivery of bags and was out of the terminal less than 25 minutes after arrival. Down to -2 to look for the Dickmanns minibus which had just set off before we reached the bay. I held up my hand as he went by and he stopped straight away and got out of the bus and loaded up our luggage and off we went to collect our hire car. If I had been in England, the minibus wouldn't have stopped!

Coming back was a different matter. Returning the hire car was a piece of cake (I thoroughly recommend Dickmanns). Got to the Easyjet check in booths and out of about 6, only 2 were open for those who hadn't been enticed to pay for speedy boarding. However, it only took 20minutes to check in which I wasn't too bothered about. After bag search it's through Duty Free to get to the gated areas and this is whe ALC blew big time. Anyone who thinks this place has Air Con is living in a dream world. If they have it, they need to switch it on. Also no free wifi which is available at other Spanish Airports. Spoke to one of the workers in one of the shops who told me that the staff have aired their views, especially about the Aircon to the airport operator but their views are ignored. I was encouaged to write about my experiences and send them to the airport, this guy reckoned if everyone was to do the same, something might get done..........maybe!

About the food. Why is everything more expensive at airport franchises than they are in the towns. Burger King is the classic example. In Torrevieja the BK ice-cream was 50 cents cheaper than at the airport and this differential went through the menu. I thing the long chicken meal was a difference of over one Euro. Do airport food outlets use different ingredients? I didn't notice any drink vending machines but I have to admit I didn't look that hard.

Overall, I would give the new terminal a 7 out of 10 rating. It was a totally charmless experience but efficient none the less.