PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2011, 13:44
brantlyb2b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freemans Aviation Limited

I just thought I would clarify as people seem to be making up stuff about Freemans Aviation .It was owned by three brothers Barry ,Howard and John.They were at one time the second biggest plant hire company in europe.The Auster G-ARLP was actually brought in for plant servicing.A helicopter then became avaliable G-ASXE (Brantly B2b).Most companies hiring large compressors at the time had a sports ground so the helicopter was used for emergency repair and maintainance of large equipment in the field.Alot of requests for use of the helicopter in a commercial capacity prompted the set up in 1968 of Freemans of Bewdley Aviation limited and the aquisition of four Bell 47 3b1 G-BBVP G-BBZL G-BCYZ BCYY.Later also the aquisition of Brantly 305 G-ATLO.They ran a charter company ,pipeline patrol.Flying school ,Police contact and numerous other activities TV crop spraying etc.The company finally sold the last helicopter in 1986 when my Father retired.So not the short daliance suggested by someone.Im the current owner of G-AWDU the Brantly mentioned also in this thread.Im aware that things get forgotten in the mists of time but please dont guess if you dont know the facts,and give a little credit to some of the first pioneers of Helicopter use in this country.