PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The R22 corner: Owning, flying & training questions
Old 1st Jul 2011, 00:33
3top

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi all!

WoW!! DO we have a little temper here and there!

Well, TC, could it be that you "just had it", "enough", "bad day/streak" lately (...like myself - lately)....

Okay, personally I never saw TC giving any bad advice or answer, so I won't comment more on that....

I believe ifresh21s question is certainly legitimate - not all engine"out"s are of the "instant silence" type, some do advise their arrival and others are instant failures, but keep making noises (aweful ones!) until they are certainly dead!

Now, I would differentiate between a "engine failure" (as in the engine broke and died or is on the way to do so...) and an "engine out" (as in fuel starvation, dumb a** who did not drain the fuel and now tried to run the engine on water, etc....)

One thing is if the engine breaks, another if the engine is "not allowed" to work...
Though - for this "friendly discussion" it doesn't really matter WHY the "Great Silence screams at you!", does it!

Okay, now.....

I am certainly in favor to get new folks going and give them all the advice they want!
However before I start to spill my elitist, egoistic cab-driver knowledge/experiences on someone, I would like to know HOW FAR ALONG the chap is, so I don't waist my precious time trying to impress the new guy with things and stories he won't grasp, yet....

This business is quite unique and there are a lot of instances one might as well talk to a wall, unless the listener "was there, done that" or at least somewhere near.

E.g.: What gives if I try to explain what it feels like or what you should do if you need to put down the tip of a skid on a rock in the middle of a river and have 3 scientists get out of or into the helo... - ....when you are not even close to maintain a steady hover on the training pad.....

So,

ifresh, why don't you let us all know, WHERE you are at this time in your training/career!

THEN, I am willing to give you all the advice/experience/stories you can digest at YOUR level of helicopter prowess!
And no worries, ALL of us started sometime - ....but pretending won't make you any wiser.....

'nough said....

3top