PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2011, 21:58
jcjeant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi,

Maybe simply in his haste to grab the side stick when the autopilot disengaged would easily do that since he was reaching for the sidestick in the dark from the left side of the stick and probably bumped it to the right. Unlikely turbulence would have caused it. So far all we know is they lost airspeed indications so the autopilot and autothrottle disengaged. I am sure his hand was nowhere near the sidestick when it disengaged and with his limited experience in the aircraft doubt if this ever happened to him before this event. Sometimes it is nice to have a big fat yoke in front of you when things go south instead of a meal tray.
From 2 h 10 min 05 , the autopilot then auto-thrust disengaged and the PF said "I have the
controls". The airplane began to roll to the right and the PF made a left nose-up input. The stall
warning sounded twice in a row. The recorded parameters show a sharp fall from about 275 kt
to 60 kt in the speed displayed on the left primary flight display (PFD), then a few moments
later in the speed displayed on the integrated standby instrument system (ISIS).
he was reaching for the sidestick in the dark from the left side of the stick and probably bumped it to the right

That's wrong if the BEA note is exact
The BEA note show only a "left nose-up input" after the autopilot disengaged .. nothing about a right input by the PF
The right bank is uncommanded

I am sure his hand was nowhere near the sidestick when it disengaged and with his limited experience in the aircraft doubt if this ever happened to him before this event.

Pure speculation not supported by any BEA reports so far ...
You can speculate .. you can't be sure (or maybe you had see the FDR ? )