PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 30th Jun 2011, 19:04
nutwrencher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,
Does this bond repayment also apply to Fast Track S/O joining soon? As the new Fast track s/o are only on around $2600 p/m (Exc flight pay as the line training is extended for fast track to avg 80 sectors, not sure if flight pay is given while during this line training..?)

So basically this means your getting $2600 - $1388 (bond repay) = $1212. and im sure like myself they have loans from their own country to pay back, in my case around $1000. So I would come out with $212 a month? You cant be serious? seriously, until the line training is done and get a descent wage as F/O, but thats impossible to live on $212 p/m for 4-7 months!

Also, does anyone know when the safety pilot leaves during line training on Fast Track s/o (A330), how many sectors? As I hear once the S.P leaves then Flight pay is granted during line training? Is this true?

Thanks all!!
Not 100% sure on all details of S/O recruitment but I will answer as best I can!

Yes the bond applies to ALL new joiners as stated in the latest company memo....
The deduction from salary is bond amount divided by 36
So for S/O bond $50000/36 = $1389 So Salary $2600-$1389=$1211

So I'm afraid yes it looks as though your maths are correct. I didn't think how badly it would affect the new SO's joining before

Unfortunately SO's didn't get a pay rise recently as I'm sure they are flooded with applications.

As far as I know yes you will receive flight pay after the safety pilot is released. Im afraid I also have no idea how long SO training will take either but I think 4months might be wishful thinking but I have no idea..

But Tropical Depression made a VERY good point!!!

Just to put and other item on the table. When regards to bonds in QR - What you sign, is what you get for the period agreed apon in the bond.This meens today you sign a bond with QR, tomorrow no more bonds. The more junior pilot to you, will benefit of the new no-bond policy. YOU WILL NOT.
Don't forget that if you are hoping this new policy will change soon as I'm sure it will