PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai: From riches to rags BBC Panorama tonight 8:30 UK:
Old 30th Jun 2011, 16:41
donpizmeov

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
henry and Capetonian,

I am afraid the greed I see here is pretty much the same as the greed I see in some parts of Sydney, London, LA, Singapore, Hong Kong etc etc. The population of the UAE is equal to or less than any of these cities so that should be a good comparison shouldn't it? Take a proper look in any of these places and you find poverty, deprivation and exploitation.
I am never going to support the all is good in Dubai stance. Its not! Some groups of people here are horrid. However other groups are fantastic. Just like any of the cites mentioned before.
I do get sick of the self righteous folk that make emotional statements like cape did. Does boycotting Dubai really give you moral high ground over WK who works here? Does boycotting here help anyone except yourself?
I do admit I too am embarrassed with statements like those of Falcon driver. These folk are the ones that will be outraged when their own employer treats them badly, but will screw all those who work for them. I have met a few who fall in this category when here, and yes henry I do believe in Karma.

the Don