PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What made you walk away
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2011, 14:17
Gmac115

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What made you walk away

Gday Gents

I'm interested to know , those of you that have worked for a few years ( whether it be instructing, charter , airline etc ) and are no longer in aviation what made you walk away and what did you do?

Bit of back ground: I'm in my middle twenties. Aviation is my main qualification and im back living at home with my folks near cronulla in sydney.
I have instructed for the last few years in Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne. I also did a stint in Darwin. (Charter) I am job hunting at the moment not having much luck and to be honest I don't think I'm really looking that hard. I'm sick of being away from home missing the friends, family and the Mrs. Im also sick of working for crap companies, im tired of having no money and I'm over the individuals with god complexes

I have no problems with "doing your time" and hard work but for what reward in the future? Pay for your own endorsements with the airlines and work for crap money while my mates are chasing tail on there month long trip in euroloand? Funny sounds like what I do now...

I don't mean to come across as having a whinge.. Everyone does it tough... But how long do you flog a dead decaying maggot infested horse? My love of flying and sheer enjoyment and accomplishment i get out of it don't pay the bills!

But....... I cant bring myself to pull the pin... How did you guys do it and do you regret it?
Im even interested to know for those who have thought just as I do but stuck it out. What made you stay?