PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - coffin dodger.....
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2011, 11:19
alphaadrian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are certainly not too old to train and obtain a professional licence. But I think you may struggle to obtain employment afterwards. Certainly a lot of avenues are already closed. Even if you were lucky,you dont have the benefit of a "long" career ahead of you so it would be unlikely you would ever recoup your training outlay. Be careful not to let your heart rule your head.
Listen..if you have got loads of spare cash lying around and want to train but can live with not finding employment afterwards,then i would say fill yer boots otherwise i would consider it very carefully. Having said that there also is an element of luck involved regardless of age so you may walk straight into gainful employment but no matter which way you look at it..you are at a disadvantage.
I was about 35 wen I started and that was seriously borderline!! And I went along the well-trodden instructor path, which is not really viable anymore. Things have changed....money talks! Best of luck whatever you decide but do really think long and hard about it.

alpha