PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2011, 10:14
DrSpock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@stev

you're not the first person i've heard of who's been screwed on the last month's pay before leaving. i think it happens often...

what are you doing about it?
-taking them to court?

overall I wouldn't say that I've personally seen a MASS EXODUS. I will say this though - the ones that have left are the ones that would of done well as a Capt - the good guys.
i second that. the quality of their pilots can only fall over the coming years, because there were so many people who had little choice but to go there during the 2007 - 2010 period when virtually no other hiring was taking place, many of whom are far too good for such a lousy company. RYR got the cream of the crop at that stage but now they're the ones who will leave first and ryanair will upgrade the lowest common denominator. Normally in a safety critical business like ours, one would hope to attract and retain quality people.

The holes in the cheese are going to line up sooner or later. Ryanair have gotten lucky on a few occasions, the occasions are starting to happen more regularly. MOL has had his warnings
i don't think there will have to be a smoking hole or a major economic shift against them, this cynical way of doing business wont survive indefinitely. the industry, the regulators, the tax authorities move slowly, but they'll eventually deal with RYR and start eating away at the margins and i just don't think the company has any other tricks up its sleeve apart from extreme cost cutting and taking the p***.