PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Decision to axe Harrier is "bonkers".
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2011, 09:38
FODPlod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personal abuse/character assassination

Originally Posted by Neartheend
Originally Posted by FODPod
...perhaps you would point out where on his website he has deliberately singled out individuals by name purely to denigrate their sanity, integrity, flying skills, personality, social behaviour or intellect.
With respect I would suggest that he's actually singled out about 38,000 individuals and those who went before them. Again double standards
1:38,000, eh? Sounds like odds Sharkey would openly relish! In that case you'll be able to show me where he's subjected each one to the same sort of personalised attack he's received on here and for which at least two threads have already been culled. Disagree with his views by all means but resorting to immature personal insults and innuendo does no one's arguments any favours at all.

Or, as Gaz ED's litany of cut and paste posts demonstrate, do you mean his comments are directed more generally like when someone on ARRSE describes the RAF as clock-watching terylene-wearing civilians in uniform or calls the RN a bunch of gay, blubbering iPod-losers?

Either way, I suggest you get over it. Mind you, given the nature and standard of criticism Sharkey Ward receives on here, I'm sure most objective observers would rate his record against that of his detractors any day.