PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2011, 07:58
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Picking up on PaddyBoy's report on BLZN in response to Dennisimo's request for further details on the BLZN/BUZZ blade swapping incident:

BUZZ was turning and burning on the pad when BLZN was coming in to land and it would appear as if the driver of BLZN mis-judged the landing by setting down too close to BUZZ. There may well have been extenuating circumstances however (such as BLZN carrying a front seat passenger wearing a 5" skirt).

In the report there is reference to the ground crew having located BUZZ off-centre to the landing spot markings but, markings or no markings, one would normally imagine the set down to be based on the driver's assessment of the approximal separation between the craft.

BLZN also seems to have been part of the Kenyon stable, seen here donning a Skyline sticker on her for'ard door

BUZZ would most likely have been wearing her Virgin livery at the time of the incident. Seen here at Booker on 14th June 1997 (Photo: Charlie Verrall)

Back to bonnie Scotland:

So, some of the Scottish operators were:

Burnthills
Fras-Air
Gleneagles
Kendall?
Kestrel
McAlpine
Peregrine
PLM
Sagil

G-AYCM seen at Southend on 26th June 1976 having been bought from Fras-Air (Hugh [House of] Fraser) by Express Helicopters of Southminster

.. Mercedes and similar .. for which I lusted ..
Vittorio; we need to talk. Being an engineer I understand your appreciation for mechanical reliability and perhaps even 'chassial practicality' but, I would like to encourage you to consider the mertis of quality and style. For the latter you might cast your eye towards Bugatti, Lamborghini, Maserati or even Ferrari. The pleasure these will bring you and the resultant smile on your face derived either directly from their performance or the associated circumstances which these marques tend to create will, I promise, satisfy!