PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 30th Jun 2011, 07:07
TwoTone-7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tropical Depression, very true!

Standard, you highlight the fundamental issue once again. Take away from it what you want. Not just the contract, the airline, the country.

To me, being left with $6700 is enough because I understand I can make the deficit easily by other means. I also understand that I am getting much more value than just the pay packet by working for QR and living in Doha.

The contracted wage is $8100 which is detailed from the outset AND it is ALSO detailed from the outset that a bond is applied and deductions will be made each month. Therefore the contract is simples, you take home $6700 - you either like the contract or not. There is no tricking, it's black and white. By your logic, you could say that you are unhappy with the company to house you and are able to find your own accommodation so why not get given the housing allowance.....

You must care whether I agree or not because you're hear to vent your anger/frustration/seek advice from others. So, if I find your reasons ridiculous then I will have to make a comment about them. As for making a nice pay packet, head out to China. You wont have to travel that much farther. It is not about being short sighted, it is about weighing up and taking in to accounts the whole deal and all positive negative externalities associated with it.

You have my perspective so there is at least one different perspective for you.