PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety in the Balance
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2011, 05:36
AirResearcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, a lot of people are reluctant to mention anything negative about Ryanair, which is a shame as I think there is a lot of room for improvement in many of their ops.

Does their standard loading policy usually result in a tendency to go a lot forward or aft of the C of G generally? And do they use the same nominal pax and bag weights as everyone else in the EU? How do Easyjet and other LCCs compare with this?

How are they on last minute fuel top ups too? I understand the Capt has to get management approval to upload anything above the legal min. contingency fuel - is that correct?

Pay has always been an issue, when I was a despatcher at LHR (some years ago now), we would always request double shifts when they were available to help make ends meet, and none of us could afford to live alone, so house sharing with 3/4 people was pretty much the norm - as it is for many cabin crew, customer service agents etc. Is it still the same, as theres isssues with fatigue management which at the time was not regulated? I'd be interested to hear what other issues and concerns you guys despatching face on a day to day basis now...same for loadmasters