PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai: From riches to rags BBC Panorama tonight 8:30 UK:
Old 30th Jun 2011, 04:58
justinbieber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everybody has an opinion, me too....
Before I get any crap, I would like to say it up front, don’t come knocking on my door if the shoe doesn’t fit....
Just drive around Silicon Oasis and you will see many boats, bikes, expensive cars.... and you will see many philippino maids running after kids, you will also see many gardeners, you employ them and pay them the same amount as a local company, not a dime more so why are you so upset about the working condition of those poor Indian workers? Pay them 5-6k a month, you can make a difference! Any of you know your maids birthday, have you ever bought her xmas present?
If you actually talk to them like human beings, they will talk back and tell you stories, theirs and others, they will tell you what they think of pilots and their wives, they hate you for treating them like sh@@t. They also talk among themselves and they share all sort of gossips, like who screws who.
Why do you need a maid or a gardener? A man is very proud of his backyard deck and grass in the good old U.S.A. but here? You pay 50 dirhams for a poor sucker.
Maid? Your wife drives to different malls in a tank that sucks 10 gallons per minute and the maid works her a$$ off.
So don’t come with this b.s. about human rights.