PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 30th Jun 2011, 03:53
standard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that this 'Bond' is quite interesting and agree with many on this post. Having $1388 removed from your wage ($8100) leaves only $6711us per month, not a great deal of coin particularly if you are planning on moving from current employment.

This bond does not stop people from leaving the company after getting a type rating.

Additionally the cost of $25000 withheld over 36months is far greater than this. Consider if you had this in a bank at just 6% interest this would equate to around $30,000 ($5000 in interest), not to mention if it was used for property or other investments.. now we are looking at upwards of $100,000.

I know that i am considering Qatar but this latest in Bond twists really has me reconsidering my position. $1388 per month or a 18% pay cut really hits the hip pocket, and when it comes to moving and living in Qatar this may make all the difference.

I hope that the company reconsiders their position on this. Obviously if people enjoy the company and conditions they work in, then employee retainment is a no brainer.