PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread no. 4
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2011, 01:34
JD-EE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
galaxy flyer, if it is so hard to fly AirBus fly by wire because pilots learn to fly as God and the Wright Brothers intended then how on Earth do those who manage to transition to F18s, F16s, and other fine fly by wire aircraft able to manage the feat and do it so well they can out fly any other aircraft in the world?

I realize these young men are minor gods. But that should not stop "mere morals" who might find themselves at the stick of a modern FBW aircraft from doing a better job than we see with AF447. And, as I harp on excessively, "WHY do we see this, repeatedly?" Are the FBW rules wrong at some point? Is the training wrong? (That is a VERY real probability considering that AB and AF decided to change the stall training for all pilots.) Yatta and more yatta.

I would like to learn why the pilots screwed up flying the plane when it was handed to them in pitch darkness with no speed indications and zero visibility. They committed some blunders, TWO OF THEM committed or permitted some blunders (without screaming at the top of their lungs or physically assaulting each other). Why did this happen? And blaming the FBW and side stick is not going to cut it with me. It was bad decisions. Where did the FBW do something the pilots did not tell it to do? Why did they persist until at least some here (I'm not sure) suspect the pilots saw light glinting off the ocean and BOTH made ND inputs.

edit: Oops - not F4, yes F18 (and many others.)

{o.o}

Last edited by JD-EE; 30th Jun 2011 at 20:16.