PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Statement "Aviation courses are not equivalent to higher education" Agree/Disagree?
Old 7th Oct 2002, 21:02
aaaaaa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I agree with Foghorn in that probably an faltp would not be in the same league as two Masters from Cambridge, also Icemaiden and Ghengis, I also agree, the flying aspect is down to 'self'.

However the academic side should be given some assistance, just because it is not a uni course and it is much shorter dosnt mean to say it is any less an achievement than many other subjects.

Foghorn - perhaps we had better get the Education Department to add aviation studies for A Levels if that is what you truly believe the level is - however the Education Department dosn't seem to be able to sort out its own internal and marking problems so probably aren't qualified to know the requirements of commercial flying.

What is the definition of "Higher Education" anyway. I should imagine there must be many men and women at 30K ft who would be just a tad insulted to think they have not received a higher education!!!