PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PVRs started.....
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2011, 19:56
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by The Old Fat One
People have loyalty to people. In battle soldiers have loyalty to each other and fight for the man next to them. Throughout my career, practically every person I served with was loyal to his fellow men (and women) to his boss and to his subordinates.
Loyalty is a two-way street.

On my first tour the JOs did not believe their SOs, in particular the top dog, were loyal to them. He had been assuring those newly posted in that the station was not going to close and they could buy a house locally. Less than 2 months later the station had closed and the wing moved in its entirety to another unit, staish and all.

When he departed he summoned all the officers and then berated us as the most rebellious lot of JOs he had ever met.

A similar thing happened at Lossie when the staish believed the professionalism (lack of) of some aircrew threatened his stairway to the stars. I think something similar happened at Leuchars.

Sadly there are many instances where one can disagree with TOFO, (noted you did say practically every person .

Last edited by Pontius Navigator; 29th Jun 2011 at 21:34.