PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 29th Jun 2011, 13:33
Opti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn!

reading around some of the posts on this forum (esp ones on this thread), it not only seems like everything that could possibly go wrong will (in terms of becoming a pilot), it also seems like employers are exploiting the desperation of wannabes because they know they probably put too much at stake to stop at a few inconviences. so, assuming one sucessfully gets a frozen atpl, passes QR requirements and gets hired, puts up with the living conditions and the many inconveniences from working with QR, are there any other things to be lookig out for? Is it tricky to resign?

I've heard the bad & the ugly about working for QR, what about the good?
Can someone please share some of his/her good, positive experiences? Also, maybe I'm not exactly in the clear when it comes to knowing what being a pilot is all about. I'd appreciate a few pointers on what it is and what it isn't, as in: Being a pilot is about so and so and so. if you think it is about so and so and so, you should forget it.

one last question for pilots: would you say being a pilot now meets with your previous expectations of what it is like to be a pilot?

Thanks in Advance. Many hugs!