PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An unusual unfortunate death. RIP
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2011, 12:16
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An autopsy of the body in Anchorage showed no evidence of alcohol or drugs in Kennedy's system, according to Lewis's report.
Or little else I would think, especially in the vacant cranial space between the earlobes,

There were no formal recommendations from the NTSB following the crash, Lewis said.
"This was not something that should have been done," he said. "It's not like a procedure you can change when it's something that you don't routinely do."
The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association analysis put it more bluntly:
"Even in Alaska, there are some jobs for which aircraft just aren't well suited," wrote the AOPA's David Jack Kenny. "Lifting unrestrained livestock would seem to be one of them, especially animals that weigh more than the machine can lift."
We had a case of a R44 on a Nation wide Television channel just a year or so ago, trying to lift a crocodile , or tow it across a waterhole.
Blindfolded, terrified and wanting to sink into the depths, it may have been extremely interesting had it managed to slide away from the flimsy boat which was assisting and had the cargo hook not been able to be released.

Need I mention the photgraphic evidence of several croc handlers who were all in close proximity, like right under the flying machine, as seen on the nationally broadcast show.

They might have ended up looking like the bull from the story above, possibly suffering from severe kidney chop I think.

But of course the croc toting pilot, who looked suspiciously like the one who was seen assisting a crocodile enticing young water skier just recently on another television channel, would never think that those electric hook thaings would ever fail, what eh?

Trying to remember how many times I have had to reach for the red handled turnout beside the lever, and compared to heaps if not just about every hook pilot on these threads I have done absolutely bugger all hook work.

yer get that on these big jobs Eh?
tet